Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

 















When I do good, I feel good When I do bad, I feel bad And that's my religion.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is.

Whatever you are, be a good one.

He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.

A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.

People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

A rose without thorns is like love without heartbreak; it doesn't make sense.

I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Avoid popularity if you would have peace.

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.

If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend.

I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.

I will prepare and some day my chance will come.

A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.

I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.




EmoticonEmoticon